Monday, May 11, 2009

A Wonderful 1st Week in Memphis

So, this last week has been a lot of emotions rolled into one.  I've been happy, bored, excited, lonely, loved and so many more!  I miss my family like crazy, but at the same time I absolutely love it out here and we are having lots of fun.  We've made a lot of friends so far, and I hang out a lot with Kate.  She is one of Nate's friends' wives.  We had a lot of fun making a cute sign with my Cricut for her husbands surprise party that we threw last night.  

Originally I was supposed to be working in the office out here, but when we got here we found out the job had been given to somebody else.  I wasn't all that thrilled about working in the office anyways, so we made a deal that if we could have free rent we wouldn't push the job issue.  So that's hopefully what's gonna go down!

So, a few days ago Nate got a phone call and he looked at who was calling and got a huge smile on his face and booked it out the front door.  Of course I was instantly suspicious.  He was on the phone for about 15 minutes and the second he walked in the door I was hounding him with questions.  He just kept saying to not think about it, it was nothing.  Of course I knew it wasn't nothing-Nate is a terrible liar.  So after a while he said "please just leave it alone, it's a birthday surprise and I REALLY want to surprise you, so don't ask me anymore questions."  Now, if any of you know me, you know that I HATE surprises.  I'm like the most impatient person on the face of this earth!  But, I finally decided to drop it because he kept begging me not to make him ruin it.  The only other thing he'd tell me was that I'd find out what it was in two weeks.  

As you all know, yesterday was Mother's Day.   Since I'm not yet a mom, Nate made it "Wife's Day" for me :-D  We went to church for the first time at our new ward.  It was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be!  I really enjoyed the ward.  It had a good mix of young and elderly people.  When we got home from church Nate pulled me onto his lap and told me he had something to tell me.  He said he wasn't completely honest with me when he told me I had to wait two weeks for my surprise.  He said that it was a gift for "Wife's Day" and my birthday.  He then told me that he was getting me a puppy!!!  It is a Silky and a Yorkie mix!  He is about 5 months old and he's sooo cute!  I am really excited!  I've wanted a Yorkie for like 8 or 9 years.  We are hopefully picking him up in about 2 weeks, but we're hoping to maybe get him sooner.  I have brainstormed a lot of different names, but so far my favorite is Memphis.  I think it would be a fun name since that's where we live[d] when we got him!  But I'm still open to suggestions, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them!  I'll post pics as soon as I get him!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

oh how cute! I like the Memphis idea!

The Moffett's said...

Thank you!! I'm afraid everyone will think it's weird, so I'm glad to hear that you like it!

*ALi* said...

LUCKY! Blake wanted to buy me a puppy for my bday one year but my dad wouldn't let him lol. I think Memphis is cute too. And o my! free rent and no job with the sweet set up your living in, girl, you are living the life!

The Moffett's said...

LOL I sure am! Hahaha JK It does get pretty boring around here sometimes though. There's only so much I can do to entertain myself when I don't have a car to take me anywhere. But I'm glad you like the name too! It seems like a lot of people do, so I think I'm gonna use it!