Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Walking (well, living actually) in Memphis!!

So, we finally made it!!  After a 24 hour drive, we have arrived at our new home for the summer! We got here at about 10 o'clock last night.  We are living in the outskirts of Memphis.  The town is called Horn Lake, Mississippi.  The apartment complex is sooo nice!  They accidentally messed up the living arrangements and gave us a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment!  It is so big!  

The complex is gated, so only the people who live here can come inside, which makes me feel really safe.  They have a HUGE pool!  They also have a sand volleyball pit, free tanning bed, car wash, gym, and a putting green.  I love it here so far.  I can't wait to go and explore some more.  I miss my friends and family so much, but it's nice that I have my hubby here with me!   

On the way out here our camera broke.  I was so mad, but Nate let me go and buy a new one!  I got the hot pink Sony Cyber-shot.  It's 12.1 megapixels and has SOOO many cool features!  I will post pics as soon as we have the stuff we need to be able to do that.  

I probably won't be working for the first few days, so that gives me some time to unpack and organize everything.  It's kind of annoying though that we don't have all of our stuff!  I just wish we could have shrunk it all and brought it with us!  But at least we have the essentials.  I will keep you updated on everything that happens!

3 comments:

*ALi* said...

um. I am so jealous already!!! free pool and tanning bed. you're gonna be a mexican when you get back! lol

Natasha said...

wow that place sounds way shnazzy! awesome! it is way sad you won't have a birthday party this year! they are always so fun! Haha and good for you on scoring a 2bed 2bath haha! Can't wait to see some awesome pics!

The Moffett's said...

Haha I'm hoping to be nice and tan, that's for sure!! I am pretty bummed that I won't be home for my birthday! But next year I'll have to throw one of my awesome parties like old times :-) We are definitely loving the apartment! The pics are all up on Facebook if you haven't seen them yet.