Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Proposal!

Ok, so this is REALLY random, but I've had a lot of people that have wanted to hear about how Nate proposed and I've been saying forever that I'd post it on here, so I've decided to finally do it.  Normally I just give the really watered down version because I get really tired of telling it over and over, so now you can all just read about it!

So, last May Nate left for Florida for a month to do some work down there.  He was supposed to fly home on June 15 and I was going to pick him up from the airport.  Well, being the creative romantic that he is, he came up with a better plan.  He flew home on Friday, June 13-but didn't tell me.  

Now let's rewind a few days.  My best friend Abbey said that she wanted to take me and our friend Emery out to breakfast for our birthdays on Saturday, June 14.  So I agreed and Saturday morning her and Emery came to my apartment to pick me up.  I had NO idea that the two of them were in on the proposal with Nate.  We headed towards Salt Lake to go and eat.  Keep in mind, Abbey wouldn't tell me where we were going for breakfast.  Emery and I (that little stink) kept asking and asking where we were going.  Emery was a great actress and was totally playing the whole thing up.  She was acting completely clueless.  Abbey just kept saying that it was a surprise and we'd find out soon.  

After a while, I realized we were heading up to Snowbird.  Snowbird has always been mine and Nate's "place".  That was the first place we said I love you.  Also, we had been up there another time and that night after we got back to my apartment was when Nate first brought up marriage.  We had been up there a few times and just fell in love with it.  It was just really special for us.  So, when I realized that's where we were heading, I was a little suspicious, but just for a split second.  Then I reminded myself I was supposed to pick Nate up at the airport the next day so this had nothing to do with him, and all suspicions went away. 

But I asked Abbey why we were going to Snowbird and she said that she thought it would be fun if we rode the Tram to the top of the mountain and then grabbed breakfast.  I was a little hesitant at first because I'm so afraid of heights, but decided that it would be fun.  I had totally been texting Nate all morning and the whole way up the tram.  I was telling him that we were going to Snowbird and he was like "Abbey better not be trying to steal our place!"  He totally played it up!  When we got to the top it was SOOO cold!  It was the middle of June, so of course I had on shorts and flip flops.  There was a lot of snow on the very top and I had to walk through it.  My feet were frozen!  

I had no clue that Nate was waiting at the top of the mountain in the medical trailer thing.  He saw us come to the top so he started trying to call my cell phone to get me to turn around.  But the call wouldn't go through.  Then somehow he accidentally called my parents house and my dad answered.  He was so caught off guard and told my dad he was about to propose and he hung up the phone.  Needless to say my dad was a little flustered!  

But since the phone call thing didn't work he decided to just walk up behind me.  Abbey and Emery saw him coming so they tried to distract me.  They had me counting all the peaks I could see and reading signs that were forever away.  I was completely clueless!  Then I felt somebody put their arm around me, but I just assumed it was one of them so I didn't think anything of it.  Then out of the corner of my eye I saw flowers.  When I turned and saw Nate standing there I scrame so loud!  Everyone on the mountain turned to look and I was totally embarrassed.  Even at that point I had no clue what was going on.  He had been gone for a month, so I totally just assumed he was surprising me by coming home early.  We hugged and kissed and we were so excited to see each other!  Then, he got down on one knee.  I started freaking out!  I just kept saying "Oh my gosh" over and over.  I was shaking SOOO bad!  I am honestly so surprised I didn't collapse.  

When he pulled out the ring I freaked out!  It was the ring that I had dreamed of for so long!  I had found a picture of this gorgeous ring a few years ago and I cut it out and saved it.  I showed it to Abbey and when she found out we were talking about getting married she stole it and texted a picture of it to Nate.  He went to a bunch of different jewelers determined to find that exact ring.  His persistence paid off and he found a jeweler that had it.  Lucky for him, they were about to ship it out the next day because it hadn't sold for so long so they were just going to return it.  Needless to say, I was so impressed at his determination to find my dream ring for me!  

But after the proposal and lots of hugs Abbey and Emery left and Nate and I sat at the top of the mountain just soaking in the occasion.  It was honestly so much better than I could have ever imagined!  I love Nate so much and I don't know what I would ever do without him.  He has made my life so amazing!  He is my best friend and I love him more than words can ever say.  We are truly blessed to have each other for eternity.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Nate!! That's so cute.. and it looks way cold haha, i'm sure that didn't help the shaking!

The Moffett's said...

Haha ya that definitely added to the shaking!!