Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our New Puppy!

Well, we finally got our puppy!  We picked him up on Saturday.  He is so dang cute!  He is now about six months old.   He is a very outgoing and friendly puppy.  He definitely loves his mommy and daddy.  He follows us everywhere we go.  The first day we brought him home he followed me everywhere and wasn’t too fond of Nate.  He quickly adjusted to Nate and now is comfortable with both of us.  He isn’t afraid of other people which makes us very happy.  He still has a bit of a cough from the Kennel Cough he had, but other than that he is doing very well. 

Yesterday was Memorial Day, but it wasn’t a fun day like it always has been for me.  Nate was gone from like 10 in the morning until midnight, I found out Memphis has fleas, and I was sick all day.  So unfortunately we didn’t get to have a fun Memorial Day celebration, but we’ll find something fun to do soon. 

Unfortunately, like I mentioned before, I found out yesterday that he has fleas!  I freaked out and was bawling.  I didn’t know what to do so I called Nate and he asked Kate if she could come over and help me.  So we gave him a bath and vacuumed the apartment.  Nate bought flea spray on his way home and I sprayed all the carpet and furniture.  We are going to take him to the vet and get him some flea medicine.  I haven’t been able to see fleas on him today so I’m hoping that we caught it early enough and they won’t be too hard to get rid of.   

Anyways, he has definitely given me something to do!  I’m always complaining about how bored I am and he definitely keeps me busy  :-D  He is a very good puppy, but he is not house trained so I’ve been having to deal with that.  Overall, it’s been a lot of fun and I’m so glad that I finally have my puppy!





1 comment:

*ALi* said...

aw, poor little guy. I hope you got rid of the fleas!